Attached: Are you Anxious, Avoidant or Secure? How the science of adult attachment can help you find – and keep – love
“Attached” is a self-help book by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller that explores the concept of attachment styles and how they influence adult relationships. The authors describe three attachment styles: secure, anxious, and avoidant, and explain how they are formed in childhood and can impact romantic relationships in adulthood. The book provides insights and tools for readers to understand their own attachment style, recognize patterns in their relationships, and work towards creating healthier and more fulfilling connections with others.
“Attached” describes three attachment styles: secure, anxious, and avoidant:
- Secure attachment style: People with a secure attachment style are comfortable with intimacy and closeness in relationships. They feel safe and secure with their partners, and they trust that their partners will be there for them when they need them.
- Anxious attachment style: People with an anxious attachment style are often preoccupied with their relationships and worry about abandonment. They may feel insecure and clingy, and they may have trouble trusting their partners.
- Avoidant attachment style: People with an avoidant attachment style have a tendency to avoid intimacy and close relationships. They may feel uncomfortable with emotional closeness and may keep their partners at a distance.
These attachment styles are not fixed, and individuals can learn to develop a more secure attachment style over time through therapy and self-reflection. The book provides practical strategies for individuals to understand their attachment style and work towards forming healthier relationships.
- Understanding attachment styles: The book provides a clear and concise explanation of the three attachment styles and how they impact relationships.
- Recognizing patterns: The authors help readers identify their own attachment style and recognize patterns in their relationships that may be influenced by their style.
- Emphasizing the importance of self-awareness: The book emphasizes the importance of self-awareness in forming and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Providing practical tools: The book provides practical tools and strategies for individuals to work towards developing a secure attachment style and building healthier relationships.
- Encouraging growth: The authors encourage growth and personal development by emphasizing the importance of understanding and working through attachment-related issues in order to form healthy and fulfilling relationships.